Critical Discourses is starting October 1st
The third week opens the discussions about the discourse that accompanies architecture with the third module of the East Centric Architecture Triennale. Critical Discourses begins with the presentation and the judging of the nominated essays, continues with Alberto Pérez-Gómez and Vladimir Šlapeta conferences and celebrates the winners of the contest at the award gala on Sunday.
This module brings together eleven new perspectives on contemporary architecture presented live in front of you, the public and the jury. Critical Discourses module is an act of theoretical and critical analysis of the phenomenon of architecture and built environment in general, in Central and Eastern Europe, and an interdisciplinary approach aimed at reflecting the ideas, opinions, visions and philosophies that subtend the material expression of the built environment and imbue the cultural space of the region.
The module sets out to analyze the architectural and urban phenomenon of the region – as historical becoming as well as contemporary situation – through an essay competition addressed both to professionals from the field of architecture and to those of related cultural fields – philosophy, art, sociology, anthropology etc. The competition concludes by bringing together the authors of the most consistent essays to present and discuss their works before an international jury and the public, an event which will be complemented by professional conferences held by acclaimed personalities of architectural thinking and of contemporary culture.
Critical Discourses is the third module of the Triennale. The other three modules are: East Centric Arhitext Awards, Drifting Architecture, Agora Experiments. 10 nominated papers will be presented in two public sessions, after which 2 prizes will be awarded for the best theoretical contributions.
Practical Approaches – first public presentation – Saturday, October 1st – 10:00
@ Rosetti Villa, Conference Hall
- Cazacu Silvia - "The Danube Delta between tradition and the society of the spectacle"
- Gradinariu Stefana - "Critical Realism of the Fourth Nature"
- Pavelic Tomislav - "In Search of a Lost Paradigm"
- Pfaff Petra - "The City as Monument"
- Purcaru Simina - "Restoring poiēsis and praxis in architecture – The School of Bunești"
Theoretical Approaches – second public presentation – Sunday, October 2nd – 10:00 @ Rosetti Villa, Conference Hall
- Grigoras Ruxandra - "Imagining Bucharest_Instruments for the Nothingness"
- Heinzl Tincuta - "Designatures. Economies of Design, Politics of Participation"
- Julean Dana - "An Essay on the Concept of Monument Drifting Between Place and Fetishism"
- Movilă Andreea & Pietrosian Monika - "Oedipian Momentum MANIFESTOES"
- Popa Stefan Cristian - "Notes on the ‘mioritic space’"
We invite you to take part at this second stage of Critical Discourses essay contest, which comprises the public presentations of the authors of the nominated works, public discussions with the members of the jury, and several lectures of Keynote speakers.
Rosetti Villa, Conference Hall
Saturday, October 1st – 10:00 – first public presentation session of the nominated essays in front of the jury and the public – free entrance.
- Sunday, October 2nd – 10:00 – second public presentation session of the nominated essays in front of the jury and the public – free entrance.
National Theatre Bucharest, Media Room
Saturday, October 1st – 16:00 – conference held by Alberto Pérez-Gómez, President of the Jury for Critical Discourse essay competition (tickets available on the Triennale’s site: http://bucharest-triennale.eu/events/schedule/alberto-perez-gomez).
Sunday, October 2nd – 18:00 – conference held by Vladimir Šlapeta – Architecture in Czechoslovakia 1919–1938 (tickets available on the Triennale’s site: http://bucharest-triennale.eu/events/schedule/vladimir-slapeta).
Sunday, October 2nd – 20:00 – Award Ceremony of the third module of the Triennale – Critical Discourses Essay Competition, followed by a reception (the acces in the event can only be based on an invitation or the holders of the Triennale Pass).
Friday, September 30th – 16:00 – Opening of the Utopia. Experimental Teaching Student Projects Exhibition – free entrance.
Saturday, October 1st – 19:00 – Launch: «Bucharest, città in attesa», by Luigi Pintacuda – free entrance.
- Saturday, October 1st – 20:00 – concert held by SOUND Choir – Sound Anamorphosys – 9 musical moments – free entrance.